Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Insomnia ©

Dreaming of endless afternoon naps;
No sleep for the driven and only rest for the weak.
Visions of grandeur where greener pastures await;
Why wait? – Heaven on earth is at hand, and slumber is obsolete.
Sleep, why now? – I’ll have eternity when I’m gone;
Rest in peace, so long – but as for now, I’m in the zone...

Dreaming of endless afternoon naps;
Awakened by today’s agenda as my BlackBerry alerts in tone,
Rush through the day as if fate had declared my finale.
Chasing a mirage of success led by expectations set higher than the heavens corridors;
But I want more! Write my name in the sky with the cloud’s ink,
Immortalize my life on earth and let my name speak...
Aloud as I cry – no sleep for the driven, and only rest for the weak!

Dreaming of endless afternoon naps;
My nightmares of mediocrity suffocate any desires of complacency;
Face the giants of my path; pave the road for more to follow.
Swallow my pride if I there was any left, from what’s carried on my chest;
Humble beginnings bred the desire of outlasting all the rest.
Built from the ground up, and made to last until Victory’s peak.
And from the top I’ll scream – no sleep for the driven, and only rest for the weak!!

----
Written by: Kalonji Abdul

1 comment: