Saturday, July 21, 2001

Unconditional ©

Without fail, I've been loved unconditionally,
With my spots and blemishes,
I have been honored among kings.
And it seems to me that true dedication is to bear the unbearable,
To love the unlovable and to cherish the soul that is imperfect but unique.

We often seek refuge in the arms of ourselves,
Hoping the world that sees our shortcomings doesn't pass us by for someone else;
But you, you have taken me and loved me for who I am.

With all that I have, I ask that you teach me to do as you have achieved,
To love unconditional and to support the imperfect man;
It seems that you have joy and comfort in the creases of your hand,
For it has not been a moment in which I can withstand,
The love that you give to the imperfect man…

----
Written by: Kalonji Abdul

No comments:

Post a Comment